Family Law Arbitration Training Course - ADELAIDE
|Start time:||09:00 Friday, September 6th 2019|
|End time:||16:00 Saturday, September 7th 2019|
|Phone:||07 3117 8049|
The course is designed to show participants the knowledge and skills required to conduct Family Law Arbitration with confidence and professionalism.
Over the course of the program, participants will:
- Discover the essentials of arbitration—what it is and what it is not, the rules and statutory basis of Family Law Arbitration and how it fits into the family law dispute resolution system.
- Develop skills in conducting arbitration, including how to prepare for arbitration, managing the arbitration process and award writing.
Successful completion of the course will entitle attendees to be listed as a Family Law Arbitrator pursuant to Regulation 67B of the Family Law Regulations.
This course is open to AIFLAM Members and Members of the Legal Profession generally.
Pursuant to the Family Law Regulations1984, prerequisites for attending the course are that you are a legal practitioner, and either:
- a) you have practiced for at least 5 years with at least 25% of your work in that time being in relation to family law matters; or
- b) you are accredited as a family law specialist by a State or Territory legal professional body.
AIFLAM prefers that participants have completed the AIFLAM mediation training program before completing the arbitration component. However, this is not a pre-requisite.
Having regard to those requirements, when enrolling provide us with the following current information/documents: -
- Date of admission
- Statutory Declaration that you have practiced for at least 5 years with at least 25% of your work in that time being in relation to family law matters, or a copy of your current certification as an Accredited Specialist in family law from a State or Territory legal professional body
- Evidence of Current Professional Indemnity Insurance cover.
Course facilitators: Martin Bartfeld QC, Dr Jacoba Brasch QC, The Hon Justice Steven Strickland.
For more information and to book, visit the registration page.
The latest edition of FLS News is now available through the member library.